Teach your kids, grand-kids, friends and neighbors about water safety after reading about it through the links below!
Pools are a great place to get exercise, cool off and have family time. FSPA encourages safety in and around your pool. Check out these fun resources to help you learn how to be safe around water!
- Watch the CPSC’s Pool Safely song with your kids! Teach them to be safe.
- Click here to check out this year’s Water Safety Month Proclamation from Governor Rick Scott!
- FSPA Swimming Pool Safety
- Swim lessons
- Safety Equipment
- A license is required to repair pool equipment
- RWI – Recreational Water Illness
- Kiddie Pools – these pools can range from little blowup pools to structures that are several feet deep.
- Dump the water out of your small kiddie pool after each use and keep the pool upside down if left outside. Kids can drown in even a small amount of water.
- Pools more than 24” deep must comply with Florida’s barrier law (click here to view)– safety fence, safety pool cover, window and door alarms, etc.
- Health Benefits
- Be sure to share with your kids what you have learned about being safe! Make sure they know that the pool is off limits without an adult.
- Swimming Pool Education and Safety Foundation (SPESF)