LP Gas License Statute Changes
LP Gas program in Chapter 527, Florida Statutes, that went into effect July 1, 2018
The following information does not intend to replace the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) website and does not reflect all the information on the FDACS web site. It is recommended that you explore the web site. https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Business-Services/LP-Gas-Inspection/LP-Gas-Training
- 0408-LP Gas Specialty Installer C License is now under Category 5, License Type, LI-Installer License
- Companies that are currently LP Gas installers MUST have a Master Qualifier license holder employed.
- Current Specialty Installer A-F licenses will be required to designate a Master Qualifier with a minimum of 3 years experience during license renewal on September 1, 2018.
- If you are currently the registered qualifier and have held the license for 3 years or longer you will be grandfathered in as a Master Qualifier.
- Master Qualifiers and Qualifiers will be required to renew every 3 years after date of issue
-Must complete 16 hours of approved LP Gas continuing education
-LP Gas specific courses, CILB approved CE will not be accepted.
-Training is required for ALL employees whether or not they are qualifiers, and refresher training must be conducted at three-year intervals. Documentation must be retained on file.
If you have additional questions or are unclear about the process regarding your specific license or licenses, contact the Bureau of Compliance at (850) 921-1600.
Click HERE to read the letter that was sent on July 1, 2018, to all LP Gas License holders.
LP Gas Education
Approved LP Gas Continuing Education Course List: https://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/73843/2115526/Approved-Continuing-Education-Course-List.pdf
Sign up for a LP Gas Training Class: https://www.fl-ag-online.com/customer/f05home.aspx
Liquefied Petroleum Gas, Laws and Rules (August 2018 Edition): https://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/73843/2115526/Approved-Continuing-Education-Course-List.pdf
Safe Dispensing of Propane Manual: https://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/78592/2316769/Safe_Dispensing_of_Propane_Manual.pdf