Free for FSPA members; $100 for non-members
- 8:00 a.m. FBC Advanced Module: 2017 Swimming Pool Updates (CILB #0612562, 1 hr. Adv.)
Revisions to Public Pool Code, ANSI/APSP standard Updates, New Electrical Requirements, Energy Efficiency and ADA.
- 9:00 a.m. Chapter 489: An Overview of Contractors Responsibility (CILB #0608746, 1 hr. L/R)
Learn the grounds for discipline and under what circumstances action is taken against the licensed contractor.
- 10:00 a.m. The Business in Your Pool (CILB #0009894, 1 hr. BP)
This course addresses crucial aspects of managing a successful business
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Lunch Break (Lunch on your own)
- 12:00 p.m. Workers’ Compensation for the Swimming Pool Industry (CILB #0610819, 1 hr. WC)
- 1:00 p.m. Workplace Safety: How to Reduce Back Injuries (CILB #0608023, 1 hr. WPS)
Importance of promoting safety practices and reducing at-risk behaviors leading to back injuries
- 2:00 p.m. A Holistic Approach to Water Chemistry (CILB #0612044, 2 hrs. GEN)
Comprehensive water chemistry evaluation and how chemicals can interact.
FSPA members receive all of their CE for free*! This includes at the Everything Under the Sunsm Expo (Feb. 22-23, 2019) and local Chapter meetings! Join today!
The Florida Swimming Pool Association is an approved course sponsor by the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB), the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board (ECLB) and the Board of Landscape Architects (BOLA); providership #0000917. A CE Advisory Committee reviews all courses and instructors to assure that they meet standards of high quality and relevancy to members’ needs as pool and spa professionals.
Currently we offer more than 100 hours of continuing education courses on topics ranging from basic pool operation to business management. Almost every course the association provides can be found at the annual Everything Under the SunSM Expo. More information for how to volunteer as a course monitor at the expo is coming soon.*To receive free CE, membership must be paid in full. Members on a payment plan must pay for continuing education courses. For information on state license renewal and the subcontractor license, visit our CILB page.
Other Resources and Information:
- Building Trades Education Svc – (800) 832-2496
- CES (Commercial Energy Specialists) – (800) 940-1557
- Team Horner – (800) 432-6966
- National Swimming Pool Foundation – (719) 540-9119
- Space Coast Pool School – (321) 726-8509