Licensing in Florida
In order to build, renovate, service or repair pools / spas in Florida you must have a license issued by the Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) or a locally issued license that is registered with the CILB.
An AFO, CPO, CPT, FPPS or similar certificate is not a license. These certifications do not allow the repair, installation or replacement of equipment.
A state license is not required for residential pool water treatment, however some counties do require a locally issued county license for this work.
Resources and Information:
For information on state license renewal and the subcontractor license, visit our CILB page.
- FSPA – 941-952-9293 – www.floridapoolpro.com/education
- Aquatic Training Institute – (800) 385-0270 – Certified Pool Technician tm (CPTtm) – www.aquatictraininginstitute.com
- Building Trades Education Svc – (800) 832-2496 – FL Certified Contractor Exam Prep and Books – www.buildersbookbarn.com
- CES (Commercial Energy Specialists) – (800) 940-1557, option #3 or email@example.com – www.ceswaterquality.com/afo/education.html – Also offering the AFO (Aquatic Facility Operator)
- Team Horner – (800) 432-6966 – www.hornerxpress.com and click on education
- National Swimming Pool Foundation – (719) 540-9119 – Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO)
- Space Coast Pool School – (321) 726-8509 – CPO Instructor – http://spacecoastpoolschool.com